Sunday, July 6, 2008

Kaba Modern

It was not long ago that I happened to browse around YouTube for videos to amuse me.
I stumbled upon a group of kids dancing as if it took them months to do all those moves at precise speed and stroke.
I'm not one to say that they are really the best, but their style has impressed me.
Some people think that they're The All-Star, but no.
The name's Kaba Modern. Kaba's short for Kababayan. And yes, they are partly Filipino.
Okay, so I've been too cynical about most of us only recognizing Filipino talent if they become famous abroad. But to be honest with you I never really thought that they were of the same race.
I'm not exactly familiar with what most dance moves are called, but through them, I know just about half of it. :p

So here's the clip that had made a mark in my life (too cheesy?, lemme rephrase that).
They made a mark in my head. (better?)



They even joined Randy Jackson's America's Best Dance Crew. It was a stiff competition between them and Jabbawockeez. Sad to say they didn't exactly win it but hell they stood out among those hippity hoppity finalists. And if you're bored out of your mind and interested in watching some of their clips, just search for Kaba Modern in America's Best Dance Crew on YT. :)

Watching them lights a fire in my heart. Makes me wanna break into a dance now. Hoo! Ha!
I like to move it, move it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. ang galing. proud filipino!!